[Viewing this in email? Click here to listen!]
Joined in the studio today by Mike Anderson, the Vice President of Operations of TenCate Protective Fabrics. TenCate Protective Fabrics develops and produces the most comprehensive range of proven, high performance fabrics used to make protective clothing. They serve the first responder, military (currently in theater), and industrial markets with protective fabrics.
Some highlights from the show:
1. “The thrill of doing work that saves lives…”
2. Leading the revival of not only Georgia, but the US textile industry!
3. Comfort, durability, and protection – what they look for in the latest, most innovative fibers.
4. TenCate is a 308 year-old company (a new Dreamland Radio Network record), which has survived by adapting and innovating with the times. Why does their culture of research and development and innovation matter?
5. Innovation in the manufacturing process itself…
6. The textile industry in Georgia is rebounding strong, and jobs are starting to come back!
7. A discussion around the necessity – and the challenges – of having a global company.
8. The challenge of finding skilled labor…
9. Uses of different technologies in their manufacturing process.
10. A discussion around the benefits of belonging to the Georgia Association of Manufacturers.
To be notified by email when a new show featuring industry experts is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!