A pleasure to welcome Chris Anderson to the show! Chris is the Editor-in-Chief of Wired Magazine, best-selling author of The Long Tail and Free.
SHOW NOTES + HIGHLIGHTS:
1. “If I can run a factory…anybody can.”
2. What is the Makers movement? “The web generation meets the real world.”
3. “A new innovation model has been born…”
4. What are some of the new technologies that are going to make this happen?
6. “The file menu goes from saying print, to now saying make.”
7. How can a traditional, bricks-n-mortar manufacturer tap into this Makers movement?
8. Open source, open hardware, and the patent/copyright issues that may crop up…
9. The web ended the monopoly of mass media. Now, the mass manufacturing monopoly may be ending too.
11. You can purchase Chris’ book here (affiliate link):
To be notified by email when a new show featuring a cool, hip manufacturer (like the one above) is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!