[If you are reading this on email,¬†click here to listen¬†to the episode!]
We were glad to have the opportunity to speak with Dan Meckstroth, Vice President and Chief Economist with MAPI: Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation. ¬†MAPI is a 80 year old professional service organization representing large multinational manufacturers in the United States. ¬†MAPI provides peer discussion groups and additionally distributes a quarterly industrial outlook report. ¬†On today‚Äôs show Dan discusses with us the most recent quarterly report (the Q4 2012) which was released this past December.
SHOW NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
1. ¬†Dan provides the top line highlights of the Q4 2012 report
2. ¬†What sectors are expecting growth for 2013 and 2014
3. ¬†How did the financial cliff affect consumer spending
4. ¬†What effect will sequestration and the debt ceiling debate have on the economy
5. ¬†Why are so many organizations sitting on their excess capital
6. ¬†Dan explains consumer demand and the factors that drive it
7. ¬†How future policy moves in Washington could have an impact on economic outlook
8. ¬†We discuss the outlook for a variety of industries
9. ¬†Listen to hear Dan‚Äôs advice to manufacturers for preparing for what is expected in the future.
10. ¬†Learn more about MAPI by clicking here
To be notified by email when a new show featuring industry experts is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!