[If you are reading this on email, click here to listen to the episode!]
We were glad to have the opportunity to speak with Dan Meckstroth, Vice President and Chief Economist with MAPI: Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation. MAPI is a 80 year old professional service organization representing large multinational manufacturers in the United States. MAPI provides peer discussion groups and additionally distributes a quarterly industrial outlook report. On today’s show Dan discusses with us the most recent quarterly report (the Q4 2012) which was released this past December.
SHOW NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
1. Dan provides the top line highlights of the Q4 2012 report
2. What sectors are expecting growth for 2013 and 2014
3. How did the financial cliff affect consumer spending
4. What effect will sequestration and the debt ceiling debate have on the economy
5. Why are so many organizations sitting on their excess capital
6. Dan explains consumer demand and the factors that drive it
7. How future policy moves in Washington could have an impact on economic outlook
8. We discuss the outlook for a variety of industries
9. Listen to hear Dan’s advice to manufacturers for preparing for what is expected in the future.
10. Learn more about MAPI by clicking here
To be notified by email when a new show featuring industry experts is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!